History of the farm
The history of the farm with shed, associated stables and hangar dates back to 1715, after various owners over the years, alternating between the Schenaerts, Van Delft, Van Der aa families, Van den Weijngaert, Bank of St-Mariaburg, Matthysen to Antverpia. Only the structure of the barn is still authentic, the farm and the stables were demolished and rebuilt after the war. The Matthysen family spent 115 years here. The B&B is located in the former hangar.
Painting of the farmhouse from 1945, badly hit after war. Entrance to the farm, painted by Jan Matthysen.